Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Lost Love

Caller: I would like to request a sentimental song from any SRK movie
RJ: Is there anyone you would like to dedicate this song to?
Caller: Yes, I would like to dedicate this song to my ex-girlfriend who I did not marry since it would make my parents unhappy. But she still remains close to my heart and I am very happy for her in her new life.

WTF???

You know what? I think this guy is NOT happy. I’m sure his ex-girlfriend is doing real well in her career and love life while he is stuck with a bride his parents picked for him, who does nothing productive, but pick his brain in return. I hate guys like this. I think I even knew one at a point in time. YIKES!

6 comments:

MattuSunny said...

that is creepy... i feel bad for his wife... hate people like that who are married and still in love with someone else...

sukalpa said...

hey the guy is sure a loser...and good riddance to bad rubbish for the previous girlfriend..and sad luck for the wife to have married a spine less creep.

MACMD said...

Sometimes your cultural arrangements work out amazingly well and sometimes not so, it seems.

Anuja said...

hmm... a guy who doesnt marry his girl (with whom he professes he is deeply in love with till now) because his parents will be unhappy- common enough... wonder though whether the girl wants any songs dedicated to her by him in the first place... he must have broken her heart in the 1st place- very hypocritical...

Mala said...

Mattu & Sukalpa: totally agree with you guys. Btw, both of you need to update your blogs.

MC: the cultural arrangement has to make sense to all. cannot be for purely selfish reasons. those are the ones that don't work out well.

Anuja - welcome to my blog!

V J said...

Let me play the Devil's advocate here, and maybe get killed by all the ladies that blog here. ;)

I have been there too, on the loosing side but let's just say that the other person just made a choice which he/she thought was right at that time !

As much as we like everything to be happy ending, it is not so, i try not to be bitter but see it as fate or destiny and move on, life is too precious to be spent on the bitter past, we have so much to be thankful for. :)

I tell this to all my guy friends(few i know), who sit with a glass of scotch in their hand with Jagjit Singh going on in the background and talking about their lost love ... move ON !

But what do i know ... every man and woman to his/her own ...