Sunday, October 21, 2007

A breather!

Who knew writing for the blog would eventually become a source of sanity for me. This past week was a whirlwind of deadlines and with the looks of it, seems like the next week will be equally crazy. When I made the decision to quit having a full-time job a couple months ago, little did I know that I would end up being busier than ever. My imagination actually entailed being able to spend quality time with my little one, read books, watch movies, listen to music, catch up with old friends. In reality I've done all (with the exception of reading, as I'm taking a break from after having read Shantaram recently which took me forever to complete)and much more. I teamed with my previous colleague and good friend Marcy (who I don't think reads my blog :() to start our own Graphic Design company while on the other hand I teamed with my friend Soma to start an Indian contemporary dance company. Both have been going well, hence my crazy work schedule. I am currently working on a corporate branding project and also choreographing simultaneously for two dance shows to be held a week apart from each other. Not to mention, I have to plan and communicate practice schedules, shop for costumes, prepare & rehearse, coordinate with organizers, create ads, go for client meetings, prepare boards for presentations, etc...etc...
Okay, before any of you get me wrong - this is not me whining, but me organizing my thoughts. I feel productive as ever, since I'm doing all the things that I've been wanting to do in my life. I'm glad to be free of the "be creative in your little cubicle between 8-5" work schedule while my daughter cried her lungs out in daycare. It just makes me so happy to be with her at home, and watch her grow ever day. Its like a miracle happening right in front of my eyes. I love my work and my family -and that I believe is my greatest motivation at this point in time.

4 comments:

joy4love said...

Gosh how do you do it? The minute I switch on the computer I have a monkey on my back and I can't focus at all. And the fact that I'm constantly having to think about how to entertain the monkey is taking all my strength out of me. You're my hero!

Mala said...

Welcome back joy! I think I will be in the same situation when Evani is as old as Noelle is. I am able to do so much since Evani is a darling and gives me no trouble at home as of now. So I'm enjoying this time since I know it won't last long. ;)

ArSENik said...

Yeah, blogging is pretty therapeutic if you work like crazy. It's certainly been true for me for the last couple of weeks, or maybe I am addicted to it now! Who knows!

MACMD said...

It's funny how the blog plays a different role in everyone's life. For me, being busy meant that I just had to stop blogging. I get stuck in front of this computer and hours later I look up and realize nothing I needed to do got done.

I'm so happy for you that your life is turning out exactly the way you want it. Don't forget to keep appreciating the blessings you have; don't take it for granted!