Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Stay-home mom remedy

Caller: As a stay-home mom I sometimes feel overwhelmed and don’t have time to take care of my needs. I’m always exhausted and end up complaining about it to my husband.

Dr. Laura: Quit complaining. That’s not what men want to hear. Put your kids to bed, apply perfume in strategic areas and tell your husband when he returns home – “Honey, I’ve had a very tough day. Can you please make it better for me?’ You do know what the strategic areas are, don’t you?

Caller: * Silence *

Listener (me): WTF????

Me listening to Dr. Laura on Talk Radio: Double WTF????

4 comments:

MACMD said...

Haha. Well, I guess it depends on what your primary goal for the evening is. If you're horny and just want to get laid, this is a great tactic. Honestly, what did the caller expect Dr. Laura to say? If you're upset that all you ever seem to do is moan to your husband, you've got two choices: (1) continue to do the same thing with the same result or (2) change something you're doing. Maybe throwing yourself at him isn't the cure-all, however (at least not long-term!)

Linh and Yogi said...

WTF?!

Sudipta Chatterjee said...

Apparently the talk-show host found a shorter cut to the man's heart :D

Closeguy said...

Hilarious :))

what else should i say?..