Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Picture Perfect



Finally a family photo I LOVE.

For some reason I do not like going to a photo studio for pictures. It was only once that my dad forced me to get an 'arranged marriage' photo taken at a studio back in Kolkata whose caption read 'ek chobitei biye' (transaltion: a single photograph of yours will get you married) and that was enough to keep me away from any future posing at a studio. So unlike most of my friends out here and back at home, we do not have any family portraits that I can hang on walls.

Thus my excitement about this particular photo taken by a professional photographer at a friends wedding a few weeks ago. I love it because it is no natural.

And of course I had to share this one too :)

7 comments:

MACMD said...

I love the way the light is so soft and diffused behind you all - it gives the photo and etheral quality. I really need to take a photography class. Thanks for sharing.

joy4love said...

Honestly, is it because Shomeek is partially covered? j/k!

You all look so beautiful. These are great photos of you!

Courtney said...

It's a difficult task, finding a photo that can capture the fabulousness of you and your nearest and dearest. I think you're right - this one is worthy of you. :)

marcy wacker said...

AWESOME! you are so gorgeous, my dear. and your hair grows like a weed. me jealous. miss you(:

Meagan said...

The photos are great, although you can barely see Shomeek....haha.

Much love!

Linh and Yogi said...

not just in pixs, you guys usually look prettay!

MattuSunny said...

I agree... it's a beautiful (natural) family picture, you all look so lovely!! Hope you have it framed at home :o)